5DT Training solutions enable an organization to develop both the Knowledge as well as the Skills of its personnel. This approach offers a wide range of benefits for all departments of an organization, such as:
Corporate and Investors
- Higher Return on Investment (ROI):
- Increased production
- Lower maintenance costs
- Reduced number of accidents
- Lower risk
- Improve skills and knowledge of workforce
- Better corporate image
Human Resources (HR)
- Screening of new employees
- Training of local populations
- Off-site recruitment
- Off-site training
- Higher workplace skills and knowledge
- Training of new operators
- Evaluation (assessment) and re-training of existing operators
- Familiarization and induction tool
- Shorter operator training periods
- Greater training flexibility
- 24/7 Training
- Consistent high training standard
- Accurate training paper trail
Operations and Business Improvement
- Increase productivity
- Reduce loss of production as a result of training with real machines
- Improve application of best practices
- Evaluate current best practices in simulator
- Optimize best practices in simulator
- Use simulator as instrument to roll out best practices into an organization
- Enhance operator skills development
- Reduce machine damage and wear and tear
- ‘Park and test’ machine training for mechanics and artisans
Health and Safety
- Increase safety awareness
- Practise life-threatening scenarios without risk of injury or risk of damage to equipment (the correct response to an emergency may be practised over and over again)
- The only way to guarantee that personnel has been trained to handle emergencies
- Proper training of operators of machines with no passenger seat
- Reconstruction of accidents
- Implementation of changed policies and/or standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Marketing and Public Relations
- Showcase a mine’s operations to groups of people without exposing them to typical mine hazards.
- Showcase a mine’s operations far away from the mine site (e.g. on a trade show floor).
- Reduce burning of greenhouse gases because actual machines are not used for training.
Research and Development (R&D)
- Try new techniques and procedures in the simulator first, before validating it in reality.
- Check machine compatibility with mine design before the start of procurement and/or construction.
- Increase Motivation: The combination of increased safety awareness, increased production, smarter production and reduced machine damage normally leads to a highly motivated workforce.